Now on demand for viewing below! Following the Treasury’s October 2018 Opportunity Zones guidance, Juniper Square’s Alex Robinson led an in-depth discussion of the OZ program featuring one of the program’s original architects, Steve Glickman.
Steve, a former senior economic advisor to President Obama, led the effort by the policy organization Economic Innovation Group to conceptualize the Qualified Opportunity Zones program and draft its underlying legislation.
He was joined by a panel of Juniper Square customers sharing their first-hand perspectives about pursuing Opportunity Zone strategies.
Key topics covered:
- Program origins and objectives
- What qualifies as a Qualified Opportunity Zone Fund
- Comparison to New Markets Tax Credits and other programs
- Key clarifications from the October 2018 Treasury guidance and remaining questions
- Real-world examples of investment managers actively pursuing OZ investments
This webinar was recorded on November 5th, 2018.